Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Invisible Teething Ninja

Wow, those poor, poor, pitiful, aching babies' teeth. And what's more, those poor, poor, pitiful babies' PARENTS!  Teething sucks.

And I really feel like we've had it pretty easy with our little guy.  A little irritability and a serious runny nose.  But that little irritability is no doubt caused by tooth pain.  Tooth pain, that I'm guessing feels a little like a Kick in the Teeth by the Invisible Teething Ninja -see pic below- to our little guys/gals (and yes, I did a 5 minute Photoshop job to one of The Babriel's pics just for this blog...because I'm awesome like that):


And that runny nose lasted for about 2-3 weeks before the bottom 2 front teeth even dared to show their little white-capped faces.  Luckily they both popped at the same time.

We then went through the 2-3 weeks of runny nose and a bit of irritability AGAIN, but still no top teeth.  Extra stubborn I guess.

I keep reminding my little guy that "his mommy must love him very much because I wouldn't suck the snot out of just anybody!"  Plus, umm...GROSS.  Boy, does he hate that snot sucker-thing.  I'm sure that's the technical term for it.  But when they are too little for you to instruct them to blow their nose, you have to do SOMETHING to clear their little nasal passageway so they can breathe.  Poor little fella. So between the snot sucking and singing, I MUST love this babes like crazy.  I don't sing for just anybody either.  Usually just in the car because it's pretty bad.  OK, REALLY bad.  But for some reason it soothes him at night before the Tylenol kicks in if he's hurting.  Must be the Def Leppard tunes :)

I feel for the babies (and parents) who deal with even worse teething issues. I've also read that some babies actually have very little symptoms and barely notice it.  Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment